People are rapidly moving away from the traditional methods of teaching and learning.
They are trying to embrace conventional methods of teaching and learning. Physical contact in learning is no longer the norm in this day and age.
Online learning is now the norm. If you have knowledge or skills to share, you can earn money teaching and selling online courses at any of the best online course platforms available on the internet.
Because of the advancement in technology, there are now hundreds of tools designed to offer and sell online courses. Therefore, it has become extremely difficult to choose the best online course tool for online courses.
I carried out a thorough research to find out the best online course platform. This article presents the best online course platforms. The features, prose and pricing of the awesome online course platforms have been tackled in the article.
Read the article in it’s entity to figure out the best online course platforms for teaching, marketing and selling online courses. Learn the features of the best online course platform.
P.S. If you ask me to mention the best online course platform, I always recommend Thinkific.
It is the best online course platform. It has so much functionality that many of the other platforms are lacking. Pair that with the generous (and exclusive) free trial of their Pro+Growth plan, and it is the best winner for beginners.
What are online course platforms?
An online course platform is a learning management system (LMS) aimed at offering access to digital products and classes to help you sell online courses.
Virtual classes are as efficient as physical classes. In virtual classes, instructors provide students with an engaging, organized learning experience through interactive audio, video content, image as well as PDF files.
All the activities are done through the learning management system (LMS). They can take notes, complete activities, exercises, and examinations.
P.S. If you are planning to start a blog, read my step by guide on how to start a blog.
The 11 best online course platforms – Ranked.
Here’s my top pick:
- Academy of Mine
- Wiz IQ
- Zippy Courses
Thinkific is my #1 online course platform for creating and selling courses from scratch.
This tool is an all encompassing solution that is very easy to navigate. It is easy to use even by beginner bloggers. It allows you to tailor your course to match your existing brand.
You manage your payments, clients, course materials and integrations are all managed from the dashboard.
- Drag and Drop Feature: Customize your web content using this feature.
- Course Expiry: Allows you to set an expiry date.
- Facebook and Google Ads: Supports Google and Facebook ads.
- Reporting and Tracking: It has reporting and tracking system.
What makes Thinkific stand out:
- Support for learners
- Supports more than 30 languages
- Marketing features for automation
- Free plan
- Affiliate Marketing support for instructors
- Basic Plan – $49 per month.
- Pro Plan – $99 per month.
Thinkific offers a free plan.
Thinkific is best for businesses and entrepreneurs who want to keep things simple and run their entire business from a single convenient place.
Teachable is my #2 best online course platform. The drag and drop course builder tool lets you create a course with just a few mouse clicks. It is the largest online course platform on the market.
There are already made templates. All you have to do is insert your content in the ready-made templates which you can tailor to look the way you want.
- Import Content: Provision to import content from Google Drive, One-drive, and Dropbox into your learning management systems.
- Course Certificates: Provision to issue certificates to students who complete courses.
- Multi-Media Lectures: Provision to create engaging courses.
- Convenient Payment: Provision to accept payment from students in over 130 currencies.
What makes Teachable stand out:
- It offers a domain you can customize
- Fast one-click checkout process
- Awesome interface
- Offers technical and customer support
- Tracking and reporting system
Plans start at just $29 and each comes with unlimited students and courses.
This software has all the tools necessary to satisfy every digital information publisher’s needs.
Do you have an audience? Then LearnWorlds is the best platform for your online courses.
It is a simple drag-and-drop editor. Anyone can create courses with LearnWorlds. With LearnWorlds, you can build high-quality courses and sales pages from your dashboard.
LearnWorlds is best for beginner, intermediate and advanced online course creators.
- Powerful Page Builder: You can build stunning pages.
- Multilingual Support: Customers are given support in many languages.
- Built-in Social Media Network: You can chat on social media.
What makes Learn worlds stand out:
- Copyright protection for content
- It is possible to offer free courses
- Pre-ready course catalogs are available
- Affiliate Marketing support for instructors
- Offers engaging and interactive content
LearnWorlds has a free plan free plan. The paid plan starts at $24 per mon
Podia offers live chat for easy communication with your students to increase student engagement. With Podia, everything you need is at your fingertips.
This includes course content, student communications, payments and affiliates. The user-friendly interface makes this tool a perfect one for anyone who wants to design eye-catching courses without a steep learning curve.
Podia is best for beginners and non-techie people.
- Combine Courses: Provision to combine similar courses.
- Digital Downloads: Easily upload easy PDFs, checklists and ebook.
- Locked Content: Give access or deny content in your course management system for any particular student.
- Email List Marketing: Has email marketing automation features.
- Multimedia Courses: Interactive content which include video, audio, PDF and images in your courses.
What makes Podia stand out:
- Can be tailored to match your brand
- Live previews for your online courses
- Create individual posts for students to increase student engagement
- Integrate with important tools and services
- You can migrate from other course platforms for free
- The Mover package starts at $39 per month.
- The Shaker option at $79 per month.
Kajabi has a drag-and-drop feature. With Kajabi, you will be able to get your customized digital courses set up without any special design skills.
If it is your first time to run an online, Kajabi is the best tool for you. It is ideal for both beginners and advanced users. The user-friendly dashboard is suitable for non-technical users.
The platform is a cloud-based system. It has a host of customizable themes that you can use to create beautiful courses. It has email marketing and advanced automation tools.
Kajabi is best for any course creator.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Allows you to build stunning pages.
- Multiple Site Pages: Allows you to create as many pages as you want for your site using their page builder.
- Live Event Capability: Allows you to add live events.
- 24/7 Technical Support: Customer support is always there when you need it.
- Powerful and reliable email: Email marketing is included.
What makes Kajabi stand out:
- It offers great features for blogging and video streaming
- It can be integrated with for third-party services
- Well designed templates and themes
- Has both Android/iOS mobile app
- Offers marketing automation for higher sales
- Basic Plan starts at $119 per month.
- The Growth plan is $159 per month.
Ruzuku has a simple user interface which makes it easy for all creators including beginners to build stunning course pages. This software can be integrated easily with other tools and services online.
With Ruzuku, you can launch your course within the shortest time possible. It is an advanced and powerful software that helps to quickly create an outline for your course curriculum.
It also has a provision that allows you to conduct webinars. You will also have access to email marketing services.
- Video and Audio Streams: Provision of hosting both video and audio streams.
- Technical Support: Technical support is offered whenever it is needed.
- Optimized Checkout: One-click checkout process to help you generate more sales.
- Webinar Hosting: Provision of running webinars webinars .
- Email Integration: Provision of integrating with Mailchimp email marketing software.
What makes Ruzuku stand out:
- Get unlimited webinars for your students.
- Provision of sending course announcements via email marketing.
- Provision of adding subscriptions to specific courses.
- Copy previous courses and run them again.
- Host video broadcast with group chats.
Plans start at $74.75 per month and you get unlimited students and courses with each plan.
Ruzuku offers a 14-day trial for free.
LearnDash is a powerful tool that does not have the limitations that other alternatives have. You get an awesome course builder that comes with course completion certificates.
It integrates with so many plugins. LearnDash is the most popular LMS WordPress plugin on the market right now. It is good for anyone who wants to run everything from their WordPress dashboard.
The LearnDash WordPress Plugin is best for course creators who are using WordPress.
- Course Awards: Provision to award winners especially quiz.
- Advanced Quiz: Provision to create assessments and quizzes..
- Course Progression: Provision to ensure that students complete one course before they begin another one.
- Learner Progress: Provision to track progress of learners.
What makes LearnDash stand out:
- Offers video, image, or text hints to students
- Has a huge community of helpful users
- Create custom messages for each learner
- Provision to review questions and answers on site
- Liberty to arrange courses in any order you want
- The Basic plan starts at $159 per month.
- The Pro Package is $329 per month.
Academy of Mine allows you to create your very own customized e-learning platform. It’s ideal for professional development, continuing education, and certifications, as well as B2B training.
With this all-in-one solution, you will be able to white-label all your courses to match your brand.
The software allows you to build a fully-fledged website so you can host and market your digital training from one convenient place. The platform is customizable and scalable.
Its user-friendly interface makes it great for beginners and expert marketers alike. It’s also easy to share your expertise and knowledge with your students.
This software is undoubtedly among the best ways for businesses and educators to market their online courses. Academy of Mine integrates easily with other important tools. It can be customized to suit your specific needs.
It is the best for any organization or individual that needs an e-learning platform.
These range from coaches and businesses in education, healthcare, law to safety training.
- Integrated Website: Get a new fully-integrated site or connect your own.
- Interactive Content: Provision to engage students with interactive content like video.
- Customized Features: Provision to tailor it to your specific needs.
- Self-Paced Courses: Provision to allow students to complete courses at their own pace.
- Easy Integrations: Provision to integrate easily with other tools.
What makes academy of mine stand out:
- Effective built in solutions for different needs
- Integration with other marketing tools
- Issuance of certificates for course completion
- Great self-paced student courses
The first plan starts at $499 per month.
It offers a demo that can give you a glimpse into what’s possible when using this software.
9. Wiz IQ.
Wiz IQ is a powerful and incredible software that can make it possible to replicate a physical classroom learning management experience online.
You get a course builder, virtual classrooms, test and assessment builder, eCommerce and reports. T
he platform has a user-friendly interface that gives you the ability to use your own branding in all your course materials.
You also get customized mobile application features.
WizIQ is best for teachers and educators.
- Virtual Classroom: The live videos are engaging.
- Mobile Learning Management System: Learners can access lessons easily.
- LSM eCommerce: Provision to sell both self-paced and instructor-led courses.
- Reporting and Analytics: Provision to analyze and generate reports
- Course Assessments: Provision to prepare multimedia tests and assessments in different formats.
What makes WizIQ to stand out:
- Allows you to message unlimited participants
- Easily customizable learning management system portals
- Training of external stakeholders, partners, or promoters
- Discussion boards for easy communication
- Provision of video streaming
The plan starts at $20 per month.
The pricing options are based on rooms, attendees, and registered users. They offer a free 14-day trial.
10. Zippy Courses.
Zippy Courses has a simple and professional looking dashboard which is easy to navigate. With Zippy Courses, you have the ability to simplify the entire process of building and marketing your online course.
Zippy Courses is a complete set of tools that are designed with features to help you create, launch, teach, and sell your online course quickly. Zippy Courses is best for course creators and educators.
- Easy customization: Can be customized to suit your brand.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Has drug and drop for creating courses faster.
- Drip-Content: Provision of content in bits.
- Launch Windows: Allows registration many students.
- Access-Tiers: Provision to sell many different versions of a single course.
What makes Zippy Courses to stand out:
- Has a professional appearance
- Allows you to create infographics
- Provision of multiple payment options
- There is no technical experience needed
- Quick support
They offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
Teachery is a great choice for beginners. It is beginner-friendly and can help begginer course creators to set up online courses to sell to their audiences.
They offer guided tutorials to new instructors to help them get started quickly. The software is easy to use.
- Simple Templates: Offers templates
- Easy to Use Course Editor: There is an awesome course editor.
- Payment Plans and Membership: Allows you to input a payment plan or membership plan easy.
- Sales and Landing Pages: Allows you to create landing pages.
What makes Teachery to stand out:
- It is beginners friendly
- There are no extra transaction fees
- Has unlimited functionalities
- Simplicity over advanced functionality
- Ability to integrate with many other useful tools
The first plan starts at $49 per month. You can upload unlimited courses.
They offer a 14 day free trial.
If you are looking for the best online course platforms, here’s the list: Thinkific my top pick), Teachable, LearnWorld, Podia, Kajabi, Ruzuku, LearnDash, Academy of Mine, Wiz IQ, Zippy Courses and Teachery.