What are the Facebook Group Membership Questions to consider before admitting new members in your group?
Admins usually ask three questions when people request to join their groups. If you ask three questions as well, make sure to make the most of the information you are getting from would be group members.
Adding membership questions gives you an idea of whether the person asking to join is a good fit.
We know we can only ask three. However, it’s hard to figure out what those three are. So what are these three questions?
- Types Of Facebook Group Membership Questions To Consider
- Types of Facebook Groups
- How To Create A Facebook Group
- Benefits of Facebook Groups for Business
- How Do I Automatically Approve Members To Join My Facebook Group?
- How To Add Family Members To Your Facebook Group Profile
- How To Add Multiple Choice Options To Your Facebook Group Membership Questions
- How Do I Add Questions For People Who Request To Join A Facebook Group?
- How To Edit Existing Facebook Group Membership Questions
Types Of Facebook Group Membership Questions To Consider
Here are some ideas for your group membership questions:
First Question: The Email Address
Ask for their email addresses as soon as they join. This is extremely important. But the question must be well crafted.
For example, you might ask: “Give us your email address if you wish to receive updates about ……………………………”
Second Question: Group Policy Reminders
As soon as you have a new member, remind them you have rules and you expect these rules to be observed.
For example, you might ask:
- Will you respect these rules?
- Which one do you like most? Why do you like it most?
- What will do if someone upsets you in this group?
- Will you uphold the privacy of the group?
- Have you ever been banned from a group? What happened?
Third Question: Show that you are human
This is extremely important. It helps you avoid fake profiles. Ask simple questions such as:
- When do you have your favorite dish?
- What is your favorite TV program?
- What phone are you using?
Types of Facebook Groups
Facebook groups have different privacy options available. These options are:
- Public Group
Anyone can see the posts and contents on the group wall without joining. Anyone can become a member, post contents, comments and invite new members.
- Closed Group
Only members can view the Facebook group wall and contribute in such groups. But anyone can search for this type of group and join. Nevertheless, the public will not be able to view the contents without becoming a member.
- Secret Group
Not everyone can join, as only a member can add another member. These groups don’t share any information at all to the public or non members. So this type of group is not searchable unless you are already a member.
How To Create A Facebook Group
To create a group, simply:
- Tap in the top right of Facebook, then scroll down to Groups and select your group.
- Tap Create Group, then tap Create Group again to confirm.
- Enter your group name.
- Select the privacy option. If you selected private, select whether to make your group visible or hidden.
- Add people to your group.
- Tap Create.
Once you create your group, you personalize it by uploading a cover photo.
Benefits of Facebook Groups for Business
Here are 4 real benefits your business will gain:
- Target a specific audience.
- Learn from one another.
- Get updates.
- Increases engagement.
How Do I Automatically Approve Members To Join My Facebook Group?
Managing member requests is one of the tedious things admins used to do to make sure that their growing group was safe.
To help you manage your member requests easily and faster, Facebook has a feature that can automatically approve new member requests based on membership requirements that you set.
When you activate this feature for your group, all members who request to join your Facebook group and meet all the membership requirements you set will automatically become members of your group.
However, this feature is optional and should be used if you feel it will help you to manage your incoming member requests better.
In total, there are four Facebook membership requirements that an admin can set to approve members into their group automatically.
The following requirements must be met:
- Potential members have completed all membership questions.
- Prospective member’s current city is public and within a certain radius.
- Member applicants have friends who are currently in the group.
- Potential members have been on Facebook for at least one year.
To automatically approve any member who requests to join your group and meets the membership requirements that you have set, follow the following steps:
How To Set Up Automatic Facebook Group Membership Approval Questions On Desktop
Here is how:
- Go to “Moderate Group”.
- Click on “Automatically Approve Members”.
- Set up your membership requirements according to instructions.
How To Set Up Automatic Facebook Group Membership Approval Questions On Mobile
On Mobile (Android and iOS)
Here is how:
- Go to your Admin Home within your group and tap on “Member Requests”.
- In the top right corner, tap on “Automatic Approval Settings”.
Set up your membership requirements according to instructions.
How To Add Family Members To Your Facebook Group Profile
Facebook accords you a chance to connect with friends, family members, and other contacts globally. So if you deem it fit, add siblings, parents, spouses, and explain how they are related to you.
The information that others can see on your Facebook profile is determined by your privacy settings. Thus, you can decide what to reveal publicly. The choice is yours!
Adding family members is a very quick process. But you have to wait for the person to confirm your relationship.
To add a family member, simply:
- Navigate to your Facebook profile.
- Select Profile at the top of your Facebook page.
- Click the About tab.
- Select Family and Relationships in the left column.
- Select Add a family member.
- Enter the name of your family member and select your relationship.
- Select an audience to be able to view this information. Choose from Public, Friends, Only Me, or Custom.
- Select Save Changes.
You have added the family member, but that person’s status will show Pending until they confirm the relationship.
How To Add Multiple Choice Options To Your Facebook Group Membership Questions
Membership questions help admins evaluate new member requests. These questions become even more important as a group continues to grow.
To make it easier for admins to review responses from prospective members and grow their group, admins will be able to ask single answer multiple choice questions and multiple answer checkbox questions.
Admins will also be able to set up rules that will ask members to agree to their group rules before submitting their membership request.
To set up these new formats of membership questions on desktop, simply:
- Go to your group on the desktop and click Member Requests.
- Then click the gear icon labeled Settings.
- Type in the custom questions you would like to ask potential members.
After you create your membership questions, you can edit or remove them at any time.
To set up these new formats of membership questions on mobile, simply:
- Go to your Group Settings on your mobile device.
- Tap on “Pending Member Questions”.
- Add or edit your membership questions.
So these enhancements are available on both desktop and mobile.
How Do I Add Questions For People Who Request To Join A Facebook Group?
To ask new members joining your group questions, follow these steps:
On a desktop device, follow these steps to create questions:
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
- Go to Story options more below the cover photo and select Moderate Group.
- Tap Member Requests.
- Go to Ask Pending Member Questions.
- Add your questions and click Save.
On an Android device, follow these steps to create questions:
- Click on More then tap Groups and select your group.
- Tap Admin Tools and Settings > Settings.
- Select Pending Member Questions.
- Add your questions and tap Save.
On iPhone or iPad
To create questions using an iPhone or iPad device:
- Tap More then tap Groups and select your group.
- Click Admin Tools > Settings.
- Tap Pending Member Questions.
- Add your questions and tap Save.
So when someone goes to your group and clicks Join, they’ll see a form that includes the questions you set.
If someone is invited to join your group, they’ll receive a notification to answer the questions you have set. Clicking the notification will take them to the form.
How To Edit Existing Facebook Group Membership Questions
To edit your existing questions, follow these guidelines:
- From your news feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
- Click Story options more below the cover photo and select Moderate Group.
- Tap Member Requests.
- Click Ask Pending Member Questions.
- Change your questions and click Save.
You might be interested in the following articles:
Facebook offers different types of questions, which you might want to also consider using. Previously, only a written answer was available.
But now you can formulate your questions using checkboxes or multiple choice options.
So start asking your potential members the 3 Facebook Group Membership Questions.