Do you want to start a podcast? Before you start a podcast, identify the best podcast host platforms.
Then narrow it down to one which is suitable for your needs. This is important because a poor-quality podcast hosting service can delay your progress.
But a high-quality podcast hosting service can help you progress by managing your files, promoting your episodes, and growing your audience. A poor-quality podcast service can be discouraging.
There are many podcast platforms out there and new services are joining almost every day. So a choosing the best podcast hosting platform and name can be a challenge.
But don’t worry, I have you covered. That’s why I prepared this guide.
So let’s start the ball rolling. Let’s first find out what a podcast hosting platform is and then briefly explain why you need one.
Thereafter, I’ll list down the 10 of the best podcast host platforms to consider. Let’s get started.
What is a podcast host?
A podcast hosting platform is a storage facility where podcast media files are stored and delivered to listeners. Podcast platforms are basically where your podcasts are kept. You can’t store podcasts on your website because they are large files.
So hosting them can make your website slower for users. Or your site may crash if there are too many people downloading files at the same time. Therefore, you need to have a podcast.
So what are the best platforms for podcasts?
The best podcast host platforms ranked.
Here’s the list:
PodBean is one of the best free podcast platforms available. PodBean enables you to earn money from your podcast.
For example, you connect with advertisers and play ads in your episodes. You can also make it through the sales model it provides by selling subscriptions.
- Submission of podcast episodes to
- Directories such as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify.
- Connection with advertisers and play ads in your episodes. selling episodes or subscriptions on the platform.
- Free 500 MB of storage, which works out to be around 5 hours of audio files. Higher chances of making money.
Premium plans start at $14 per month and provide unlimited storage and bandwidth for audio podcast files only. Enterprise plans start at $129 per month and include a more robust set of features.
This is a great podcast hosting platform for beginners.
BuzzSprout is one of the best podcast host platforms. Because it makes it easy to manage your podcast files. It has a simple analytics dashboard that helps in improving podcasts and marketing strategies.
You can use this free podcast hosting platform to upload two hours of content per month But your files are deleted when they are hosted for 90 days. In addition, the free plan displays ads.
- Dashboard analytics for improving marketing strategies.
- Option to add episode chapter markers that help listeners see details about your episodes at a glance.
- Publish your episodes to podcast channels such as Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Alexa.
- Ability to discover apps listeners use in their countries.
- Provides a podcast transcription service.
Paid plans start from $12 and come with unlimited storage. On paid plans, your files are not deleted. So you can build a library of episodes.
The is the best podcast hosting platform if you want to grow your audience.
Captivate directs their focus and energies on helping their clients to grow. Therefore, Captivate automatically creates a website for you that you can customize as soon as you sign up.
The website and podcast audio player have premade call-to-action links. These calls-to-actions encourage listeners to share or subscribe to your podcast or even to sign up to your mailing list.
- All plans come with unlimited storage, a podcast player and analytics.
- Automatically generates links to streaming podcast players like Overcast and Pocket Casts that you can use to promote your episodes.
- The company works closely with the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) to provide ads that you can use to monetize your podcast.
- Ability to create links that are easy to customize.
Pricing is determined by the number of downloads per month. It starts at $19 for up to 12,000 downloads and then jumps to $49 for up to 60,000 downloads.
There is a 7-day free trial.
This podcast offers the best analytics. Blubrry offers three main functions: A podcast hosting service, podcast statistics, and their PowerPress plug-in.
Blubrry is one of the popular podcast platforms that can help you to share your episodes on big podcast distributors like Google Podcast and Apple Podcast.
The PowerPress plug-in allows you to manage your podcasts directly from a website. Therefore, this plug-in makes Blubrry stand out in the podcasting industry.
- Provides handy social media features to help you promote your podcast to new listeners.
- All plans come with unlimited bandwidth and podcast statistics – and the statistics provided are comprehensive and insightful.
- Pricing is based on the amount of storage you need.
It costs $12 per month for 100 MB, $20 per month for 250 MB, $40 for 500 MB, and $80 for 1,000 MB.
This is a plugin that has awesome built-in podcast analytics.
It is one of the most popular podcast platforms on the market. Transistor offers a host of tools to help podcasters expand their audiences.
For example, the ability to distribute your podcast to a big podcast. This podcast hosting platform also integrates with marketing services such as MailChimp, ConvertKit, and Drip.
- Dashboard displays many stats, such as the average downloads per episode, number of subscribers, and total downloads over time.
- Allows you to host unlimited shows and manage multiple users on a single account.
- All plans provide unlimited uploads.
- Advanced analytics.
- Pricing is mostly based on the number of users and downloads per month.
It costs $19 for 2 users and 10,000 downloads, $49 for 5 users and 50,000 downloads, and $99 for 10 users and 150,000 downloads.
It is one of the best podcast host platforms for WordPress lovers.
Castos has a podcast hosting plug-in for WordPress websites which automatically publishes your episodes on all the main distribution channels like Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts.
In addition, it offers video podcast hosting that can be used to republish your episodes to Youtube.
- Offers discounts for nonprofits and religious organizations, and they even provide a podcast editing service.
- All plans come with unlimited podcasts, uploads, and downloads.
- When you upload your podcast episode, Castos creates a transcription in dashboard within minutes.
Pricing starts at $19 per month. To access the YouTube republishing feature, you’ll need to upgrade to the Growth plan at $49 per month.
To gain access to video file hosting and advanced analytics, you’ll need to sign up for the Pro plan, which costs $99 per month.
The is the best podcast platform for monetization and branding.
Libsyn is one of the most popular podcast host platforms for monetizing your episode. Because of features like double opt-in advertising.
- All plans come with unlimited bandwidth.
- Provides a speedy and experienced customer service team to help you get the most from the podcast hosting platform.
- Offers a service that allows you to create a customized podcast app for iOS or Android devices.
- Pricing depends mostly on the amount of monthly storage you need.
- Focuses on helping to promote your brand and podcast across multiple distribution platforms and apps.
With just $5 per month, you can get 50MB of storage. Plans then go up to $15, $20, and $40 per month as your storage needs to increase.
If you are just starting out with a new podcast, looking to see if you have any audience at all, and are not even sure you’ll want to make more than a few episodes then by all means use a free podcast hosting plan offered by a reliable service. Buzzsprout, Libsnn, and Soundcloud are just a few options you could use to try out podcasting for free.