The best SEO tools provide reports about how you are measuring up to competitors and where the greatest opportunities lie. They do this with the aid of features such as keyword difficult and the monthly search volume.
What are SEO tools?
These are special software that enable sites rank higher in search engines. They help site owners to analyze the following factors:
- Content. Your must have keywords. These are words or phrases people type in their browsers when searching for information on the internet.
- Backlinks. These are links from from other sites to yours. This is also a ranking factor.
- Ranking. They measure the ranking of websites.
- Traffic. They measure the number of people that visit the site.
It is important for you to have a great SEO tool. Because appearing in Google search results is not magical. You need to follow SEO best practices for your pages to start ranking.
Particular attention has to be given to keyword research which can only be found with the aid of SEO tools.
So what are the best SEO tools that can improve your site ranking? Ths is a crucial question.
Because there are so many SEO tools out there. So identifying the best SEO tools is difficult.
I wrote this article to help you save time. The top SEO tools have been listed and ranked according their features and pricing.
The best SEO tools – Ranked.
Here’s the list:
- Moz pro
- Advanced Web Ranking
- LinkResearch Tools
SEMrush is my #1 SEO recommendation.
SEMrush is a great all in one powerful SEO tool for doing keyword research and analysing how competitors are fairing.
It is the best SEO tool for small and midsized business users. With SEMrush, you will have access to the world’s largest database of 20 billion keywords, 310 million ads and 17 billion URLs crawled per day.
- Organic Research: gives you access to keywords used by your competitors.
- Advertising Research: helps you run better ad campaigns by analyzing the ad budgets of the competitors.
- Product Listing Ads: allows the users to see competitors’ Product listing Ads and product feeds.
- Traffic Analytics: tells about the online performance and traffic of a website.
- Gives keyword research tool and domain analytics.
- Provides backlink tracking.
- Offers project-based SEO campaign.
- Gives keyword suggestions and SEO recommendations.
- Doesn’t have keyword list management system.
SEMrush offers three paid plans.
- Pro plan: $99.95,
- Guru plan: $199.95, and
- Business plan: $399.95.
There is also a quote-based Enterprise plan that you can customize according to the specific needs of your online business.
SpyFu is one of the best SEO tools in the industry. It is feature rich. With SpyFu, you will get excellent reporting and incredible support for digital marketing and advertising. But it is a little bit difficult for beginners.
- PPC Ad Rank Tracking: helps you keep track of the ads.
- Monitor PPC Competitors: keeps track of emerging competitors.
- Keyword Grouping: shows keyword of competitors.
- AdWord Advisor: suggests useful keywords by analyzing run by your competitors.
- Keyword Spy Tool: searches for keywords used by your competitors and the number of clicks they get from them.
- Offers a wide range of keyword search and management tools at an affordable price.
- Interactive reporting and paid advertising metrics.
- Can track backlinks and offers ongoing site monitoring and unlimited search results.
- No web-wide crawling.
- Ad metrics can be complicated for novice SEO users.
SpyFu offers three different pricing plans. The pricing plans start from $33 per month up to $199 per month if billed annually.
3. Moz Pro.
It is an analytics solution for small and large businesses that helps with rank tracking, website auditing, reports scheduling and backlink measuring. It is an easy tool to use.
- Rank Tracking: tracks performance of traffic-driving keywords.
- Keyword Analysing: helps you find new keywords with competitor research and SERP analysis.
- Backlink Analysis: provides metrics like Domain Authority and helps you build additional backlinks.
- Site Audits: crawls all your webpages to find any errors.
- Moz Pro is a dynamic and powerful SEO tool suite.
- It provides you with industry-standard metrics.
- It offers handy suggestions on page optimization.
- It is not as intuitive as the competition.
- Its depth and range of features might be overwhelming.
The paid plans ranges from $99 per month to $599 per month.
Moz offers a 30-day free trial.
With KWFinder, one search can help you discover other related keywords that might be more relevant to you. It can be used to determine the difficulty of each keyword.
This helps you understand whether your page will have a chance of ranking for it. KWFinder can help you find out who your competitors are for each keyword and discover keywords that they may not be ranking.
- Imports: imports the list of keywords from a CSV file.
- More granular locations: used to search even by regions and cities.
- More accurate Keyword SEO Difficulty: provides a lot more accurate keyword SEO difficulty.
- Search volumes for months: shows the real amount of searches.
- New user interface: usable on tablet now.
- Trend: It shows the number of searches for the keyword over the past 12 months
- Search: shows the number of searches per month for the keyword in the country you configured
- CPC:shows the estimated cost you would pay per click to appear for that keyword using paid search
- PPC: gives you paid search difficulty index from 0 to 100 indicating the level of competition in Google Ads
- KD: Keyword Difficulty is from 0 to 100 indicating how difficult it is to rank for a keyword
- Low price.
- Functionality of Keyword lists and management.
- Access to detailed related keyword suggestions.
- Provides rank tracking with new SERP Watcher tool.
- Limited advanced SEO tool capabilities.
They have three pricing tiers:
- Basic plan: $29.90/month.
- Premium tier: $39.90/ month.
- Agency plan: $79.90/ month.
AWR Cloud is a tool for managing, tracking and reporting keyword rankings on all major search engines. In other words, it helps you to find the best strategy for your keywords and keyword phrases.
Remember, a good keyword is one with a high click-through rate. It offers an all-around tool set aimed at small to midsized businesses and digital marketers especially beginners.
It is not the cheapest tool but compared to other rank-tracking tools it, gives you all the necessary information to evaluate your ranking performance. All pricing plans have great features.
- Snapshot of visibility: shows you exactly which keywords have moved into the top 3 positions. You will know whether particular keyword have gained or lost visibility.
- Keyword Groups: It allows for tags to be applied to keywords so that they can be analyzed as a set.
- CTR analysis: It integrates easily with Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Links: analyses a website’s external links.
- Access to search rank tracking.
- Backlink and domain data is compatible with Google Analytics.
- Integration with Google Search Console for keywords research.
- Monitors Google algorithm changes.
- Lacks built-in analysis capabilities in customizeable reports.
- Lacks native functionality outside of Google integrations.
- Starter plan: $49/month.
- Pro plan: $99/month.
- Agency plan: $199/ month, with 14,500 keywords per week plus API access.
- Enterprise plan: $49/ month, with 35,500 keywords per week plus API access.
There is a free 30-day trial on all plans. Get started on AWR Cloud.
Searchmetrics is a search marketing software suite. Searchmetrics has a site crawler and a backlinks tool and it has expanded into the content marketing discipline.
It offers all the basic features any SEO provider would need. One of the main reasons search marketers use the tool is the Searchmetrics SEO visibility feature, which is one of the benchmarks in the industry.
The tool goes beyond most other tools in its content creation and workflow tools.
The features are self explainatory and these include:
- Domain Rankings
- Keyword Rankings
- Backlink Analysis
- Site Optimization
- URL Optimization
- Keyword Optimization
- Keyword Traffic Potential
- Web Analytics Integration
- Competitor Analysis
- Keywords Discovery
- Vertical industry breakdown.
- Advertising and PPC data.
- Social link tracking.
- Backlink tracking.
- Basic keyword research.
- Rank tracking.
- Competitor analysis.
- Keyword metrics are limited.
- No keyword management
- No log file analysis.
- User interface can be a bit difficulty.
Their pricing Start from €89.00/month.
They use the subscription pricing model. Interestingly, they have a subscription free trial.
Ahrefs is for website owners, SEOs, marketers, agencies as well as enterprises.
Ahrefs is a professional and sophisticated SEO tool with powerful features ranging from from keyword management to competitive analysis.
It is a choice for experienced digital marketers though it has an interface that is beginner friendly.
- Site Explorer.
- Keyword Explorer.
- Content Explorer.
- Domain Comparison.
- Rank Tracker.
- Site specific and internet wide crawling capability.
- Comprehensive domain monitoring and comparison.
- Improved keyword suggestions.
- In-depth SERP analysis.
- Basic keyword management.
- Limited SEO reporting.
- Lite: $99/month
- Standard: $179/month
- Advanced: $399/month
- Agency: $999/month
This is a tool specialized in backlinks. LinkResearchTools is for businesses of all sizes. It has audit, monitoring and link building tools. It is a SEO software that helps companies improve their organic rankings in the results of search engines like Google which are basing their ranking algorithms heavily on links between sites.
- Competitive research: reviews what links your competitors have.
- Quick analysis: provides a snapshot of your competitors link profile or your link profile.
- Backlink profiling: gives you a more detailed view of a link profile.
- Link monitoring: analyses your link profile and has an alerts system to notify you of any changes.
- Link prospecting: helps to find viable link targets and also identifying their contact details.
- Backlink tracking and site link structure analysis.
- Audit and recovery tools provide unique Google penalty or site re launch value.
- Sales and marketing focused link prospecting tools.
- Domain comparison tools.
- Real time backlink alerting.
- Free browser extensions.
- Completely report based with no pre populated or configurable dashboards.
- Not much integration between one off tools in suite.
- No unified navigation beyond static list of tools.
- Keyword research capabilities are limited at best.
- No ongoing position monitoring.
- Comparatively expensive for SMBs.
The pricing starts from $499/month. They have a trial which costs $17 for 7 days.
DeepCrawl will help you to optimize technical health to create better customer experiences, increase organic visibility as well as drive better return on investment from your website.
It is a site crawler that crawls sites from top to bottom. DeepCrawl software crawls your website and provides you with actionable information to help you optimize your website for searched keywords.
- Custom Scripts: allow you to specify custom scripts in the crawl setup so that you can remove iframes.
- Health check.
- Task management.
- User roles.
- It is the most comprehensive website crawling tool.
- On-page SEO recommendations.
- Responsive modern interface.
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console integration.
- Backlink tracking.
- Gadgets like phone breakdowns.
- It does only site crawling.
- No keyword research, position monitoring or web indexing features.
Pricing starts at $89.00 per month.
There is no Deepcrawl free version. But they have a free trial.
Majestic is another SEO tool that focuses on website crawling. It analyses backlinks and domains.
But its custom indexing metrics have some limitations, this platform doesn’t offer much broader SEO functionality.
- Search explorer: generates a search results page ranked by a proprietary search score.
- Neighbourhood checker: used for spam link detection.
- Related sites: identifies as related to the researched site based on backlinks and anchor texts.
- Clique hunter: allows you to filter overlapping backlinks to identify all those which don’t point to your domain.
- Broad array of backlink indexing and domain analysis tools.
- Deep crawling capability.
- Reliable and real reporting.
- Browser plugins.
- Useful help and FAQ resources .
- Added campaign functionality.
- BuzzSumo integration.
- No keyword difficulty rankings and management.
- No SERP results or landing page alignment.
- No CPC/PPC metrics.
- Custom Majestic metrics can be confusing
- Lite: $79.99/month or $49.99/month (quarter billing)
- Pro: $149.99/month or $99.99/month (quarter billing)
- Full API: $399.99/month